Thursday, June 26, 2014

Approaching 50

Next week I will be one year closer to the half century mark.  According to the rules of rounding, I already should be rounding up to the big 50 but in my mind I wasn't.  Soon.God willing, I will be need to think of myself as in my 50's.

I joked this week that maybe it is time to decide what I want to be when I grow up.  Sounds trite but it is actually very much on my mind.  I have never had a definite career.  Life got in the way and I did what needed to be done as a mother and as a wife. My time is slowly becoming my own again.  Once again I can start to schedule my life according to my wishes.

For the second time this year, I started a new job.  Once again, I like the job and feel it could become a career.  I really like my job.  I get to help people find jobs.

It has been an emotional roller coaster.  Stability will be nice.  Financially stability would be even better.  Time to pursue my craft and my writing would be beyond incredible.  I have trouble knowing what to do when I'm not panicked about money.  It has been way too long.

By the time I am really 50 and not just approaching 50, I will finally have chosen a career.

That is my goal.

Let's see if Life cooperates.